Goat Masala is a delightful mutton recipe which is full of flavourful spices and is soft and succulent. Since the meat takes a long time to cook, add some raw papaya and cook covered till the mutton becomes soft.
Recipe Servings 4 | Prep Time 10 mins | Total Time 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 kilograms soaked overnight,chopped mutton
- 4 pinches salt
- 1 cup onion paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/4 cup garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon powdered red chilli
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup beaten yoghurt (curd)
- 1/4 cup ginger paste
For The Main Dish
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- Mix all the ingredients and prepare a marinade. Pour this marinade over the mutton and let it marinate overnight.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium flame and add the meat along with the marination.
- Cook the marinated mutton for 1 hour or more on low heat till it becomes tender.
- Serve hot with rumali roti or butter naan.